20090720

Challenging

The unexpected thing happen again and again...where is the expect gone?

Once in my lifetime at USM, got an emel message from Vice Chancellor of USM, Prof. Tan Sri Dato' Dzulkifli Abd Razak. What a surprise...regarding the Greenest University Nomination where USM will join the Competition for Climate Change Convention that will be held in Langkawi on October 2009. I'm not representing USM, but the BIG KILL responsible to help and be apart of the team to achieve the gold. Eco-Desa: Saujana (Sustainable Residential College) is my business in this mission. Must prepare up all the past, pre and future planning towards the project. This Eco-Desa will cover up the sustainable development in a residential field.

What we had done?
  1. Eat-reward : students are encouraged to eat (RM2.50 above)/drink (RM1.00 above) at the cafe @ bring their own container, then, get a chop and collect it until 20 chops and get a reward which is a voucher of RM 3 for meal and RM 1 for drink.
  2. Recycle point : encouraged the students to do a recycle and get a pointer match with the recycle things. from kilogram to the number of point. Redeem the point at Cyber Saujana and D'Store for baggage keeping at the end of semester.
  3. Energy Efficiency : change the pendaflour bulb to the LED bulb which more efficience for electricity uses (50% saving). 100% sponsored and monitored by CETREE.
  4. Edible Garden : planting project such as kuchai, serai, cili etc and coming up, banana, papaya. Greening the Saujana Residential College.
  5. Compost : 50% in progress. A trial to done a composting and use the organic compost to our Edible Garden.
  6. Campaign : run up the promotion and awareness to the sustainable lifestyle.

What next?

  1. Bust stop Solar
  2. Multi uses Pantry
  3. Gymnasium fo health
  4. Run up 5 project above to the others Residential Colleges at USM Maincampus, USM Engineering and USM HealthCampus.
  5. etc....anything that will come up from my brain and my buddies of Secretariate Eco-Desa: Saujana.

This is about the project...does this will be my most important task as a career? hurmmm...the concept, I'll probably take it seriously to practise in my life. but, the most challenging is the part of application, is not that easy. I dont think so that I can survive without the strengthness inside me which guided by the owner of my heart, Allah. Really hope that this unexpected thing will go smoother and no one will frustrated. Time to chellenged the fullest capability in me!

As a conclusion, my life will be more busy with the R & D of the project and also administration task at my office. No matter what, life goes on....just put the trust to Allah.

EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED.

No comments:

Post a Comment